|Show/Hide Hidden Text|
This tab is applied to link (or unlink) crates to a selected container and to execute the shipping transaction once the container status has been set to "C" (Packing Completed) on the Container/ShipmentDetail tab.
Crates can only be linked (or unlinked) to a container if the container carries a status of "P" (Preparation). The container with its crate(s) and crate contents can only be shipped once the container carries a
status of "C" (Packing Completed).
A successful shipping transaction will set the container status to "S" (Shipped).
On this tab the following fields can be viewed:
The user must have a security profile linked to the function Crating to Customer with an access allowed of Change. The "Apply" button is enabled when one or more linked crates exist for the selected container and the container status is "C" (Packing Completed).
When the "Apply" button is clicked, the following updates are performed:
1. The stored procedure Movement_Crating_Customer is executed, which in turn executes the stored procedure Movement_Prod_To_Cust. If you are not executing the movement using this System front-end "Crating to Customer", the parameters must be declared for the stored procedures. For the Movement_Prod_To_Cust parameters, see the help function for Production to Customer.
2. The container status is set to "S" (Shipped).
3. The "quantity complete" and "contractual quantity complete" for all the applicable order lines will be updated by up-adjusting the current values respectively with the quantities in the crate.
4. Likewise, the order line crated quantities (quantity in inspection crated and contractual quantity in inspection crated) will be updated by down-adjusting the current values respectively with the quantities in the crate.
5. If the full balance outstanding of the order line was shipped, the line status will be set to "Closed". Note that the full balance for the contractual quantity must be shipped to set the status to "Closed".
6. If an order line has a linked Order issue requisition, the requisition status will also be set to "Closed" if the line status is set to "Closed".
7. A movement (from Crating to Customer) will be inserted for every line shipped, recording all the detail that was entered and execute the movement Journal Entry where applicable. The quantities will be recorded in both the base and contractual units of measure and the number of the shipped crate will be recorded in the corresponding field in the Movement table.
8. An order line cost of sales record will be inserted for every shipped line in accordance with the quantity shipped and the related material, labor and overhead cost.
9. The Shipping Journal Entry will be executed.
10. If the order line is a product sales or spares sale and the applicable product code allows components requirement back flushing, any unissued component requirements will be issued from stores participating in backflushing stock, resulting in the update of the requirement's issued quantity and the quantity on hand in the Location table. The quantity will be issued in accordance with the ratio between the order line ship quantity and the required quantity of any components. Note that serialized or lot controlled parts will not be issued.
11. If the order line has Order Operations, the Order operation actuals not yet reported will be back flushed in accordance with the ratio between the ship quantity and the operation quantities.
12. In accordance with the Invoice option, customer invoice shipping lines and links will be added to a selected, existing invoice or a new Customer invoice with lines and links will be added.
13. The amounts on the customer line and links will either apply the sales unit price from the order line or will apply the currently valid Sales catalog price for the order line part. This depends on the catalog price option if the sale was performed using the application of a Sales catalog. The Sales Order Price Source record for the order line governs which price is to be applied.
14. The tax amounts are calculated by applying the currently valid tax percentage for the tax code specified for the order line.
15. If the "Print Invoice" button was clicked, the Customer invoice can be printed, which will both print approve and print and the invoice and execute the relevant customer Journal Entries.
16. If you are not executing the movement using this System front end "Crating to Customer", the parameters must be declared for the stored procedure Movement_Crating_Customer:
The Stock Valuation Method , Crate Mass Uom Default and Crate Dimension Uom Default are selected from System Configuration.
17. The part's fixed account indicator, source and controlling division are selected from the Part Master table
18. If the Stock Valuation Method is Standard Cost "S", the part is a fixed account, the part source is Interplant "I", and the division selected is the part's controlling division, the unit price is calculated as the (material price + labor price + subcontract price + variable overhead price + fixed overhead price). The transfer price will not be included with the Transfer to Store movement.
If the controlling division is not equal to the from store movement's division, the unit price is calculated as:
(Material Price + Labor Price + Subcontract Price + Variable Overhead Price + Fixed Overhead Price). The unit cost are the same as the above except that the transfer price will be included with the Transfer to Store movement.
If the Stock Valuation Method is standard, the movement unit cost will be equal to the selected location average unit cost of the transit store from which the stock are returned.
Journal Entries will be created for stock with a stock status of New or Used where the parts are Fixed Account and does not belong to an External Organization.
The account on the Return to Store is debited with the unit price and the Inter Divisional Clearance Account on the Return to Store Division is credited with the unit price (see Store to Transfer on the Movement History function).
At the same time the account on the From Transit Store is debited with the unit price and the Inter Divisional Clearance Account on the From Transit Store's Division is credited with the unit price (see Transfer to Store on the Movement History function). The transfer price will not be included with the Transfer to Store movement.
If the source on the selected part number (Part Master) is not equal to Interplant "I" but equal to Purchased "P", Subcontract "S", Phantom "N" or Manufactured "M") then the same Journal Entries and movements are created except that the transfer price is not included in the unit price.
Journal Entries will be entered for all fixed account parts with a stock status of new or used and where the external organization of the selected location from which stock is transferred is equal to blank.
19. When the setting, Auto Backflushing , on the Product Master is selected, sales order lines crated/shipped and any internal order line completed to stores, for the selected product code, will automatically issue (back flush) the required set of material or components not yet issued in ratio to the order line quantity completed.
When the setting "Auto Backflushing" is unchecked, pre-issuing of the required material/components will be required. Automatic backflushing only applies to non-serialized and non-lot controlled requirement parts.
Available crates are only displayed if the selected container has a status of "P" (Preparation), as this is the only status that allows additional crates to be linked.
The grid is populated as follows:
It displays crate numbers from the Crate table where the crate container is equal to blank (defining the crate as not yet linked to a container) where the Crate's Order Number is a sales order of the selected customer and the order's division is the same as the selected sales division.
The check box must be clicked to select the crate(s) to be linked to the container.
Displays the crate number of the available crate.
Displays the sales order number of the sales order lines that make up the contents of the crate.
Displays the crate's mass, as expressed in the mass unit of measure code.
Displays the Crate Mass UOM (unit of measure) in which the mass is expressed.
This field allows the user to update the values for mass and mass UOM as specified in the grid for the selected crate(s). A click of the "Change" button will execute the update.
This field specifies the crate in which the stock is to be shipped to the customer.
It is populated with the crate number, order number, division code, contract, and customer name, from the Order Master, Crate, Unit of Measure and External Organization tables for the selected crate number.
The number of characters to be entered before the list is shown is governed by the value of "populate length" (mandatory).
This frame contains the details of crates to be linked and crates already linked to a selected container. It also contains the details of the sales division and customer that in turns governs which crates are available for linking.
Linking of a crate updates the container number of a crate, while unlinking removes the container number of a crate. The crate mass and mass UOM is also maintained in this frame.
This field is mandatory and is applied to specify the Customer for the shipping transaction. The list displays external organization names and codes from the External Organization table where the organization has a customer account.
The selected customer also governs which crates will be populated for selection, since only crates where the contents relates to sales order lines of the selected Customer and Sales Division will be populated as available crates to be linked.
If the container has one or more linked crates, the customer name will be defaulted and disabled by applying the customer from the crate's sales order lines.
Displays the delivery note(s) for the selected Container after a successful shipping transaction.
This field displays two delivery note options. The one option specifies that a single delivery note must be created for the shipping transaction and the other option specifies that a separate delivery number must be created for every crate in the container, the delivery note reflecting the crate contents of every crate.
NOTE: If the Invoice option is 'S', only the first option will be applied, since the invoice and delivery note numbers will be the same.
This frame displays the delivery note number(s) resulting from a successful shipping transaction. It also contains the print buttons for the printing of the invoice and/or delivery note(s).
NOTE: The printing of the invoice will only be permitted if the "Print Invoice" check box has been checked prior to the of clicking the "Apply" button in order to execute the shipping transaction.
This field is selected whenever the Invoice Option is "L", which requires lines and links to be added to an existing Invoice that has not yet been print approved or printed.
A number of settings for the Customer govern, which invoices will be populated for selection. The settings are:
Allow Multiple Orders Per Document
This setting governs whether documents such as invoices, credit notes and delivery notes can have links spanning multiple sales orders. If set to "Yes", it would not matter if the Invoice already contained links for other sales order numbers. If set to "No", the links can only be added to invoices containing links for only the same order number as the lines shipped to the Customer.
On Hold Link Enforce New Document
This setting governs whether links can be added to an invoice that already has one or more links that have been placed on hold. If set to "No", only invoices, without "On Hold" links will be displayed for selection.
This setting governs whether the Customer performs independent accounting and can be billed or credited.
If set to "Yes", invoices for the selected customer will be displayed for selection. If set to "No", the customer's parent organization is the one to be billed and therefore invoices of the customer's parent organization, where the customer appears as the "Ship To Organization", will be displayed for selection.
After a successful shipping transaction, the selected Invoice or the new Invoice that was created, will appear in this field.
RELATED TOPIC: Number Control in system configuration
This field displays the customer invoice option applicable to and defined for the Customer on its External Organization record and can not be set to another value in this function.
Option "L" specifies that all resulting shipping links must be added to an existing invoice of the customer (or it's parent organization if the customer does not perform independent accounting).
Even though the screen can display option "L", it will be ignored if no, existing invoice has been specified, whether by neglect or due to the fact that there are currently no invoices to be selected since all invoices have been print-approved or printed.
If option "L" is displayed but the user selects the option to print the Invoice, option "N" will be executed to ensure that the delivery note and printed invoice corresponds in terms of the number of lines and contents.
Option "N" states that a new Invoice must be created, but that the Delivery note must carry it's own separate number.
Option "S" states that a new Invoice must be created, but that the Delivery note must carry the same number as the Invoice.
This button is enabled when one or more available crates are selected to be linked to the container.
Clicking the arrow will link the crate to the container by updating the container field on the crate. The crate will be removed from the Available Crates list and will appear in the Linked Crates list after a successful transaction.
Crates can only be linked if the container has a status of "Preparation".
Linked crates are only displayed if the selected container number appears as the container number on one or more crates. If the container already has one or more linked crates, the customer name will be defaulted and disabled by applying the customer from the crate's sales order line(s).
Linked crates can only be unlinked if the selected container has a status of "P" (Preparation). The grid displays the following data:
The check box must be clicked to select the crate(s) to be unlinked (removed) from the container or to select a crate of which the values for mass and UOM are to be changed. A delete will only be allowed if the selected container has a status of "P" (Preparation).
Displays the crate number of the linked crate.
Displays the sales order number of the sales order lines that make up the contents of the linked crate.
Displays the crate mass, as expressed in the mass unit of measure code. This field allows the user to update the value and click the "Change" button to execute the update.
Displays the Crate Mass UOM (unit of measure) in which the mass is expressed. This field allows the user to select another UOM (as populated from the Unit of Measure table) and click the "Change" button to execute the update.
This button is enabled after a successful shipping transaction. If clicked, a preview of the delivery note report will be displayed.
This check box must be checked if the intention is to print the invoice immediately after the shipping transaction. If this has not been done, the "Print Inv" button will not be enabled after the transaction.
Printing will then have to be done using the Print Documentation function after print approval with the Customer function. Checking this option will also force the Invoice Option to "N" or "S"(Create New Invoice) depending on the customer's Invoice Options.
This field is applied to specify the sales division to be credited with the sale (mandatory).
The field also governs which customer's and crates will be populated for selection. The list displays the division codes and descriptions from the Division table.
This button is enabled when one or more linked crates have been selected to be removed from the container. The linked crates can only be removed if the selected container has a status of "P" (Preparation).
Clicking the arrow will remove the crate from the container by removing the container number from the crate. The crate will be removed from the Linked Crates list and will reappear in the Available Crates list after a successful transaction.
Crates can only be unlinked if the container has a status of "Preparation".